ANNUAL AWARDEach year the Monroe County Historical Association recognizes an educator who works to promote, protect and preserve Monroe County’s rich history for the next generation.
The Education Committee of the MCHA is accepts nominations for this prestigious honor. Nominees must be currently employed by a school located in Monroe County.
The award recipient must exhibit the following criteria:
- Promote the importance of the role of local history as a vehicle in facilitating students’ understanding of the development of our state and nation
- Participate in programs offered by the MCHA
- Demonstrate support for the use of the resources of the MCHA in the learning environment
- Encourage professional development among colleagues by promoting the resources of MCHA
- Evidence creative use of the resources of the MCHA by individual students and small groups.
EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR
Recognition ProgramMonroe County Historical Association
EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR HONOR ROLL2015 | Dr. Irene Duggins East Stroudsburg Area School District
2013 | Dr. Elizabeth Bugaighis Northampton Community College
2012 | Dr. Martin Wilson East Stroudsburg University
2011 | Dr. Linda Rogers East Stroudsburg University
2010 | Mrs. Julie Kresge Pleasant Valley School District
2009 | Mr. Mark Lemoncelli Pocono Mountain School District